Tech N' Gadgets

Sunday, April 30, 2006

My latest phone


Finally two weeks back, I shifted my loyalty from Palm. I'm talking about discontinuing long term relationship with my Treo 650 and shifting to O2 EXEC. Any particular reason? No....and Yes.

I was quite happy with my Treo but it was getting obsolete with time and Treo itself had come out with 700w so my phone was one version old, could I accept this? No way, the gadget greedy me couldn't take this and I thought of shifting to 700w but after having a closer look at the 700w, I thought not to continue with Treo as the screen got smaller and wifi was still not there. I started looking for options and found out this marvelous piece of engineering O2 EXEC...love at first sight. Though the size was a bit bigger for cellphone but I was ok with the idea of having a Mini tablet PC with phone functionality.

This has got Intel Bulverde 520 MHz processor, UMTS / GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900 network support (surprisingly no EDGE), Class 10 GPRS and 3G support, TFT touch screen, QWERTY keyboard, two cameras i.e. one 1.3. MP and one VGA camera for voice call, miniUSB, Bluetooth (1.2 but why?), 802.11b WLAN, IrDA and swivel screen. The only thing which doesn't satisfy to its mini-laptop or mini-tablet tag is the memory it comes with which is 128MB out of which only 43MB available to the user but you always have option to put extra SD card.
Another must have with it is a Bluetooth handsfree because this one is really the widest cellphone (still slimmer and shorter than Nokia Communicator).

Finally I got a gadget which would last for at least two years.........I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home