Tech N' Gadgets

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Just thought of blogging my Personal Computers

My First owned one was:

Date of Purchase: 18th January 1994

PC: Intel 386 (It was freakin 33MHz and my friends used to say that it was too advanced and I had Office, CorelDraw, Pagemaker, VB2 and 3, TC++, Foxpro and many more stuff)

RAM: Simmtronix 4 MB

HDD: Seagate 260 MB (was huge)

Display: Microtek Mono VGA 14"

Keyboard: TVSE

Mouse: No Mouse Sorry, I bought a trackball instead and that was A4Tech brand.

Floppy Drives: Teac 5.25" and Sony 3.5"

Accessories: Handy Greyscale Scanner also from A4Tech.

I paid Rs. 70,000/- for this machine. It had no CD-Drive, sound card etc as they used to cost over 40K that time.

 

After two years ie in 1995, I bought Color monitor 14" from TVM, a Multimedia kit from Creative (2X CD ROM Drive, Microphone, two speakers without volume control, 6 CDs with games or multimedia titles and a SoundBlaster card) and this kit was of 25K that time and I bought for my first CD Title and for playing Doom2.

Later in 1997, I got external CD Writer which cost me 30K and then system kept on getting upgraded. I still remember when I was at Jodhpur in 1997 and asked for 1 GB HDD, the HDD was specially ordered as 1 GB was not common that time. I still remember people's jaw dropping when my CD Drive's tray used to slide out in style or when they used to see Strike Commander on my machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home