Tech N' Gadgets

Monday, September 04, 2006

MY PC Scenario now

Today, my personal computer is running on AMD 3800+ and with 2 GB RAM and it has nVIDIA 7800 AGP card.

My cellphone is running at a blazing speed of 533 MHz (I'm sure my kid gonna laugh about it 5 yrs down the line when he'll see blazing) and has cool 256MB RAM with 2GB+ data storage.

Our (my and my wife Aastha's) IBM laptops are running at 1.7 and 1.8 GHz centrino with 1 GB RAM each.

I have total of 800 GB of external storage and there's no space left out in them at all and my present computer has 260 GB and 18 GB is free.

I still possess the first CD I wrote using my HP External CD Writer. That I wrote using Adaptec's DirectCD utility.

I stopped the count of CDs and games after I crossed 1000 mark.

I use Samsung's Laser printer. I just couldn't tolerate those crappy inkjets and wasted money on 4 different ones from HP and canon.

My home and office are completely wifi and I'm using my laptop as the server and rest of the machines at home connect to that. In office, my office PC is server. I'm using external USB Wireless card for PC.

For internet I use Sierra Wireless Card (CDMA X1 by Reliance).

I have Sony DVD Writer (paid 3500/-) on PCs and CD Writer/DVD Drive combo on my laptops.

I don't have 5.25" Floppy drive any longer (I'm sure that no body has it).

Firewire, webcam, speaker systems are run of the mill stuff now.

Now compare these things with the post below and you can see how PC revolution happened in India.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home