Tech N' Gadgets

Monday, October 09, 2006

Thank You Knoppix Once Again

Hey! This is the last time, I'm thanking Knoppix not because I'll stop using this but because this will become my habit, my way of life and I can't keep on blogging that I'm breathing.

This time, it was the turn of my brother who had an urgent delivery the next day and his hard disk was denying the PC to start. The minute he was connecting the HDD as slave, it was rebooting system but if you remove that then system works fine. The problem was because of W32.Jeefo virus so I provided my brother a tool to remove this and asked my bro to use the HDD as USB and connect only when windows gets up and running but that too didn't work. Final solution as usual, USE KNOPPIX. He had an old version Knoppix 3.0 and that too in ISO format so he created a CD for that, booted and wow....the HDD was detected. He took the entire backup and formatted it.

LONG LIVE KNOPPIX

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home